Choosing a ring is a hard thing to do. Especially when there are dozens of stones to choose from, dozens of settings and dozens of materials. We know that stress to pick the perfect ring and we are constantly trying to make buying a ring something enjoyable. At TIDAN, we offer lifetime warranty, price-match policy and 100% certified materials. We assure you that your ring is of the highest quality, at the most affordable price and comes from ethically produced sources only. Without further ado, let’s hop in on what do you need to know to choose that perfect ring!
What is 3D printed rings and why should your next ring be 3D printed?
3D Printing is the process where a machine turns a digital recipe into a physical model.
In making 3D printed jewelry 3D artists first shape the jewelry in 3D modelling software. The resulting 3D model is then converted into a set of instructions that can be processed by a 3D printer. The printer then follows these instructions depositing layer upon layer until your ring is complete.
Design your own wedding ring – Good to know and think about in advance.
Do you want to design your own wedding ring? This may be useful to know in advance. We’ve compiled the most important things you need to consider when designing your own wedding ring, or engagement ring. We recommend to visit a goldsmith who offers 3D printed jewelry. Through this, there are no limits to what you can create. Since each piece of jewelry is created to order, there are no unnecessary costs. TIDAN offers 3D printed jewelry for maximum precision. If you are wondering about the different ring models or materials, you can read about them here.
Ring models for wedding ring:
There are several types of wedding rings, and each is following a specific design. These different types can be useful to know when you design your own ring. Choose a type that suits you best, and then think about how you want it to look, and what feeling you want to give the ring. See the following ring models as a base and inspiration for your wedding ring. Then choose color and material, gold or platinum? and what stone you want, diamond or another stone?
Gemstones are in a league of its own.
Picking your gemstone can be a stressful process. There is a lot to consider from and if you are like me, it is even more stressful because some of us can the most indecisive person in the world. In this post, we will cover the differences, meaning of all precious stone and give you reasons why you should choose it. Essentially a foolproof way to pick your stone to perfection!
Why is choosing gemstone important?
Your ring is not disposable. It will follow you through ups and downs and for many years of your life. It is your companion so when you look at the stone, you will see the marks and the scratches to remind you of a past you love and memorize. To us, it is a keeper of history. It tells a story. It is your friend. You would not want a bad friend or a friend you do not love.
What should I consider when buying a gemstone?
- Price: not every stone costs the same. Choose the stones within your budget or size down on more expensive stones.
- Vendor: TIDAN ensures that your stone is 100% authentic and true as description. There are fraudulent vendors that might trick you that a garnet is a ruby and a zircon is a diamond. There are significant differences in hardness, rarity and price. For safety, choose only reputable retailers.
- Source: opt for ethically produced gemstones. You can play a part in shutting down unethical working conditions and reducing environmental impact.
- Color: it should be a color that you love and it should complement your skin color.
- Clarity: it should shine as bright as possible.
- Cut: the cut decides whether there are surfaces for light to reflect or not. Brilliant cut usually guarantees a reasonably high amount of reflection.
- Size: the size of the stone is a bold statement on status and prosperity.
- Hardness: damage to gemstone is not often but it is not easily fixed. Choose stones hardness depends on your lifestyle and you should be good to go!
- Mystical properties: you can choose stones based on its assigned birth month, zodiacal and special meaning.
Do you have to know all this?
With TIDAN, our experts will always be there and advise you each step of the way (if you want to) and give you recommendations based on your budget, lifestyle, need and preference!
TIDAN is a jewelry/technology startup that incorporates the excellence of 3D printing into metallurgy. TIDAN 100% customizable jewelry are made with ethical, sustainable materials and Swedish craftmanship. We are in the business of emotion, of love therefore we commit to the highest standard of quality and care. Providing lifetime warranty to let you know we won’t ever let you down.